Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox - Edit Your Setting - View Shoutbox
Got any photos of your tank/fish? Why not join the forum? Come and join the fun.

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

No New Posts - New Posts
  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> What is your secret "Comfort Food"?, (share it with us here)
Neon Man
Posted: Nov 4 2013, 05:39 PM
Quote Post
"Ensign . . . get us out of here . . . warp nine!"

Group: Admin

Prefers: Tropical Aquarium

Shop Finage: 22565
Submissions: None Submitted
Downloads: 1

I've always wanted to post this question! laugh.gif

Sometimes, you know, you really NEED to have a 'special' comforting food . . . maybe something your mother used to make . . . or maybe something that brings back fond memories . . . or something that makes you feel very happy . . .

For myself, I love 'Chicken Soup' a lot, but MY particular secret comfort food is "cream cheese and olive sandwiches"!

I remember my mother making them for me as a child . . . I loved them so much!

And I recall being 6yrs old and having a "bad day" at school (imagine that! *lol*), but I KNEW that my mother had packed some cream cheese and olive sandwiches in my lunchbox for me, and that got me through!

So, I still love them today! smile.gif

How about YOU?

Tell us what you secretly crave the most, and post your thoughts here!

Thanks, and all best, Joe
Group Icon
Member Info: | Joined: 29-July 04 | Posts: 4316 | Topics Started: 382 | Member No.: 79
Awards: 1
Your Gallery: | Images: 0 | Comments: 0 |
PMEmail Poster
Posted: Nov 5 2013, 11:17 AM
Quote Post
TFK Veteran

Group: Super Moderator

Shop Finage: 16660
Downloads: 15

Mince and potatoes.....reminds me of my Nan and Granddad, he used to mash his potatoes up with his sauce and gravy lol.....And Bread pudding.....

smile.gif
Group Icon
Member Info: | Joined: 24-April 05 | Posts: 11233 | Topics Started: 702 | Member No.: 600
Awards: 6
Your Gallery: | Images: 39 | Comments: 2 |
PMEmail PosterMSN
curviceps
Posted: Nov 5 2013, 11:43 AM
Quote Post
I can see you!!!!!

Shop Finage: 31625
Downloads: 13

I can't really say that I have a comfort food as such Joe.

There is a meal that I now make that my mum used to make which started out as an accident. Years back she went to make us chicken in black bean sauce and bought some sachets of sauce only to find out that she'd picked up 2 black bean and 2 szechuan sauce. She only discovered this after she'd cut the top of all 4 sachets together and emptied them into the pot laugh.gif She took some slagging for that lmao.gif lmao.gif

We'd told Sue about this years later when we got together and she asked me to make it for her, and since my mum died 8 years ago it has become known as a "Jeanie special" (my mums name was Jean) Anytime we eat it now, it always makes me think of that first time she made it and was dreading putting it in front of my dad, myself and my sisters, turned out we all loved it!!
Group Icon
Member Info: | Joined: 27-February 05 | Posts: 11171 | Topics Started: 857 | Member No.: 528
Awards: 23
PMEmail Poster
Neon Man
Posted: Nov 5 2013, 06:40 PM
Quote Post
"Ensign . . . get us out of here . . . warp nine!"

Shop Finage: 22565

Very cool, Min and curvi . . . . thumbsup.gif

Thank you SO much for your responses . . . smile.gif

I can relate to what each of you are saying, and yes, "comfort foods" surely can touch base with some of your favourite past memories!

My poor mother was killed in 1965 in a car accident, so . . . yeah, I can relate to what you are saying, curvi . . . sad.gif But today, I make "cream cheese and olive sandwiches" every other month or so (not the healthiest of meals), and it always brings me back to a happier time in my childhood smile.gif If it wasn't for my mom, I wouldn't know how to make them! laugh.gif

All best, Joe smile.gif

Group Icon
Member Info: | Joined: 29-July 04 | Posts: 4316 | Topics Started: 382 | Member No.: 79
Awards: 1
PMEmail Poster
superdart
Posted: Nov 5 2013, 11:44 PM
Quote Post
TFK Veteran

Group: Members

Prefers: Marine Aquarium

Shop Finage: 20240

Those are some great story's but my comfort food is anything KP.....nuts......,salted peanuts,dry roasted,and the chrisps.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Member Info: | Joined: 5-April 06 | Posts: 3777 | Topics Started: 185 | Member No.: 955
Awards: 11
PMEmail PosterMSN
Posted: Nov 6 2013, 07:13 AM
Quote Post
Advanced TFK Regular

Shop Finage: 2015

My comfort food is my Mum's roast pork dinner. Apparently when I was a child I used to call the crackling 'bone'. She always makes it for me when I visit!
Member Info: | Joined: 26-April 09 | Posts: 399 | Topics Started: 23 | Member No.: 2224
Awards: 2
PMEmail Poster
Tim12
Posted: Aug 15 2014, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

Prefers: Cold Water Aquarium

Shop Finage: 95
Downloads: No Files Downloaded

My special comfort food can be a number of things but there is one particular weakness that NEVER fails to cheer me up ( even though it makes me feel bad later because I ate it) CHOCOLATE! Especially if you can combine chocolate with ice cream (perhaps with chunks of chocolate) you have a combination that can always cheer me up oh and pizza too.
Member Info: | Joined: 20-March 14 | Posts: 10 | Topics Started: 3 | Member No.: 2481
Awards: None
PMEmail Poster
foxfish
Posted: Aug 23 2014, 07:03 AM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Shop Finage: 1515
Downloads: No Files Downloaded

Chocolate, I can eat it any time of day, I have to really control my addiction otherwise I would live on it!
Quite like a rare steak as long as it has a chocolate sauce!
Member Info: | Joined: 11-November 07 | Posts: 242 | Topics Started: 28 | Member No.: 2039
Awards: 3
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Page Hits: 18125223