Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox - Edit Your Setting - View Shoutbox
Got any photos of your tank/fish? Why not join the forum? Come and join the fun.

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

No New Posts - New Posts
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Betta Is Hurt
beadjunkie27
Posted: Apr 17 2014, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members

Prefers: Cold Water Aquarium

Shop Finage: 40
Submissions: None Submitted
Downloads: No Files Downloaded

My poor little betta got himself stuck in a little plastic "hut" used for fishies to hide in. It has large openings on either side and little 1/2" holes all around it that are hidden by plastic "grass." My little guy tried to swim through one of the small holes and got himself stuck. I managed to cut the decoration to free him, but he had struggled so much while he was stuck, he now has 3 lacerations along his dorsum from his head to his dorsal fin. His gill on the left side also looks irritated. His underside looks okay as does his right side. I am unsure what I can do for him to help him recover aside from keeping the water clean. I have removed the decoration. His water gets treated with Prime and aquarium salt when I do water changes. I'm just afraid he's not going to make it. sad.gif I feel so irresponsible and stupid. He has never messed with the decoration before in the 6 months that I've had him. I feel so awful for letting this happen. What can I do for him? He is now just hiding among some freestanding plants and going up to the surface every now and again.
Member Info: | Joined: 17-April 14 | Posts: 1 | Topics Started: 1 | Member No.: 2484
Awards: None
Your Gallery: | Images: 0 | Comments: 0 |
PMEmail Poster
RatMan
Posted: Apr 18 2014, 07:45 AM
Quote Post
Canada, Red & White!

Group: Moderators

Prefers: Tropical Aquarium

Shop Finage: 49730
Downloads: 1

Go and get some medflex and treat him with that, it will help heal the damaged areas.
Ease up on the salt for a while.
this should work for him and he will go back to normal, unless he did internal damage, but we don't know.
he is most likely just stressed out right now, and he needs to just decompress from the stress

This post has been edited by RatMan on Apr 18 2014, 07:46 AM
Group Icon
Member Info: | Joined: 20-July 04 | Posts: 9097 | Topics Started: 1231 | Member No.: 63
Awards: 11
PMEmail Poster
Squish
Posted: Apr 22 2015, 03:52 PM
Quote Post
Advanced Member

Group: Members

Shop Finage: 660
Downloads: No Files Downloaded

hope it gets well soon.
Member Info: | Joined: 2-November 09 | Posts: 107 | Topics Started: 14 | Member No.: 2263
Awards: None
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Posted: Jun 1 2015, 08:42 PM
Quote Post
Iceman

Group: Admin

Shop Finage: 11465
Submissions: 4 
Downloads: 12

Some melafix and pimafix should help get it back on its feet.
Group Icon
Member Info: | Joined: 26-October 04 | Posts: 17346 | Topics Started: 1006 | Member No.: 207
Awards: 20
Your Gallery: | Images: 0 | Comments: 2 |
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Page Hits: 17630586