Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox - Edit Your Setting - View Shoutbox
Got any photos of your tank/fish? Why not join the forum? Come and join the fun.

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

No New Posts - New Posts
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Little Pinholes In Leaves Anubias Plant
TurtleCare
Posted: Nov 21 2013, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members

Prefers: Tropical Aquarium

Shop Finage: 135
Submissions: None Submitted
Downloads: No Files Downloaded

Hi ppl,

The problem is with my planted shrimp tank!

Its planted with several Anubias plants, some vallisneria and a Echinodorus Ozelot.
First the water values...Ph: 7.2, Gh: 16, Kh: 8-10, Cl2: 0, No2: 0 and No3: 20. I know some of them are maybe a bit on the high side but as far as i know their all in safe zone. Its also dosed with Co2 daily and i feed the shrimp spinach every 2 days (just 1 leaf at a time...)

The problem is that after 2-3 weeks my Anubias started to developed little pinholes in the leaves that grew bigger n bigger and the leaf turned yellow. Then the leave started to decay n i had to cut it off...But now several other leaves followed n i dont want keep cutting away leaves! Weird thing is NEW leaves keep developing and theres alot of m too!

I wanted to post a pictures of a leaf with a hole in it BUT i just joined this forum and cut away the last leaf WITH a hole in it...Yesterday! yea...i know...

I hope you guys can help me out?

TNX in advance...
Member Info: | Joined: 21-November 13 | Posts: 15 | Topics Started: 6 | Member No.: 2469
Awards: None
Your Gallery: | Images: 0 | Comments: 0 |
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Neon Man
Posted: Nov 21 2013, 12:01 PM
Quote Post
"Ensign . . . get us out of here . . . warp nine!"

Group: Admin

Prefers: Tropical Aquarium

Shop Finage: 22535
Submissions: None Submitted
Downloads: 1

Yes, some pics might be helpful.

How do you dose your tank with CO2?

Your KH might be a little high. I used to keep mine around 4.

It's normal for some plants to shed leaves as it adjusts to your tank conditions vs the conditions in your LFS. As long as you're getting new growth, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

smile.gif

All best,
Joe
Group Icon
Member Info: | Joined: 29-July 04 | Posts: 4313 | Topics Started: 379 | Member No.: 79
Awards: 1
Your Gallery: | Images: 0 | Comments: 0 |
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Page Hits: 18040627